-how do u "make" your DH give you attention???

okay so maybe im just venting or i dunno.... ive been feeling kinda neglected lately because my DH joined a soccer league and now goes to practice four days a week after work, and doesnt get home til about 10 at night.... i am a SAHM and i really do literally stay home since we only have one car.... anyway, he gets home really tired, just wants to watch tv for a while and go to sleep..... he rarely calls me at all during the day, never takes the time to cater for me in any way possible.... i know its not just about me, so i feel kinda selfish by feeling this way.... and not just for me, for the kids as well... no time for them either.... am i really being selfish ??.... and, how can i demand or "make" him pay more attention to me without sounding "mean" or selfish about this???

SQ13

Asked by SQ13 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Walk into the bedroom before he is asleep NAKED~
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i hold a plate of really yummy food in my hand lol
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• try telling him what you want
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You can't "make" him do anything. You could try talking to him, though.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I know whatcha mean. We too are a one car family and my dh works 2 jobs so I can be a SAHM and I too am at home literally all day. He gets up at the crack of dawn and gets home around 1 am. Yeah it's not fun. So what ends up happening is he texts and emails me tons through the day and on the weekend its family time! Oddly, he complains mostly about me not giving him enough attention lol I'm just so "done" at the end of the day after chasing a potty-training 2 yr old in training and 5 yr old with way too much energy, you know? But on the weekends we plan a lot of fun things and usually get to do about 1/3 of them lol. Just tell dh how you feel in a nonconfrontational way. GL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• no your not selfish. you need to just put your foot down and demand what you want for you and your children.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• seriously, men need attention too. They have to be wooed, it's just easier for us than it is for them. Fix him a nice meal, and sport your best lingerie, and see what happens.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 11:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• 4 days a week? That's a bit extreme, if he wanted to play soccer and be out til 10 pm then he should have thought about taht before having a family. I would be very unhappy and I would tell him to find another hobby that wasn't so demanding.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• when you figure it out let me know. Mine comes in the door at 5pm and sits down at the computer and rarely moves til 1am. He's then back up and out the door by 7. On weekends we say well this sounds nice lets go do that, and I say we cuz usually he is the one that brings it up, but within I'd say 30 min . he is so wrapped up in his freeking world of warcrap game that we never end up doing anything. I get soooo pissed I just wanna break his freeking neck!
    momof3xthefun

Answer by momof3xthefun at 11:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i totally know what you mean. I'm sorry sweety! Maybe talk to him about how you feel and see hwat he has to say? Men can be a little oblivious sometimes. I know tha ti am a SAHM and when my husband gets home i just want love and a break from the kids...goodluck! and ignore my typos because im to lazy to fix them lol
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 11:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2010