Domestic violence awareness month.....

I feel like with October being breast cancer awareness month, domestic violence has taken the back burner. Just wanted to make everyone aware that it is also domestic violence awareness month!! While we are getting our mammograms and saving our tatas, lets think about those who are affected by domestic violence, as well. (I'm not trying to take away from breast cancer awareness.... Just think domestic violence awareness is important, too!!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Health

• I didn't realize this... Yes, it is just as important. Thank you.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think it takes a back burner because cancer of some form touches 1 in 2 people in this country... And is NO ONES fault... Domestic Violence on the other hand is! It's not nearly as prevelant as cancer and in MOST cases not as dangerous... Not to mention in MOST cases it's much easier to rid your self of...

Just as a note I was involved with a domestic violence issue... In fact more than one... Trust me... It was much easier to walk away from than cancer.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008