advice?

o.k so Ive been haveing unexplainable cramps for the past few days, i got all checked out and everythings fine but they pretty much want me on bedrest, well they told me to come back if any of these symptoms come up; increasing contractions, blood, backache or low pelvic pressure. well for the past to days my back has been KILLING me, I dont know if i should go in or not. Any advice on what to do? because I know back ache is usually a pretty normal pregnancy thing.

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 10:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I say it is always better to be safe than sorry. I would probably go in just to be checked out. Back pain is a common problem, but it can also mean contractions.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• call your doctor before you go in
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You just need to trust your instincts. If you think something is wrong, then go back. If everything is okay though, I'm not sure why you would be on bed rest because it has it's own risks. Bed rest would probably give me a backache! Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Try a heating pad or a warm bath, if it takes away the pain then ok. If not then call the dr.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would call the doc just to be safe. Like someone else said, back pain can be a sign of labor. I thinkk it all depends on what you have been doing during the day to cause the pain. sitting for long periods of time or laying in a position where your knees and belly arent supported can cause back pain, just like walking a lot can cause it too. Its one of those things where you just dontknow for sure. If it were me, I would make an appointment to go in just to be on the safe side =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010