Question About Cloth Diapers

Iv been using "SwaddleBees" pocket style cloth diapers.... and i HATE them! baby pees once and they leak!
Im spent way to much money on them to have them leak... im ticked.
what brands to you use? i prefer the AIOs or pocket style. i do have a few home made ones from KB Covers that i ordered from someone on here, they are a liner and cover kind, like that syle too. but im looking for some AIOs for at home for quick changes. any clue? the cloth diapering world confuses me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've never used cloth. I've heard that they can make diaper rash worse and my kids have very sensitive skin. But the mothers that I know that use cloth use Gerber ones and they have no big complaints. I would try maybe a diaper cover that is waterproof over the cloth.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have the regular run of the mill diapers that you actually have to use pins to use. They leak if you don't use plastic pants. I have a bunch of those, and they work pretty well. Plastic pants are available at walmart, but they are gerber brand, so I'm not sure if you can get them at Target or other retail store. We only have a walmart, so that's where I shop. If not, I'm sure you can get them online.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 11:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• KB Covers Here... Thanks For The Shout Out! Glad You Enjoy Ours!

I Think Thristies (i think thats what they are called) Has A Good AIO. I Also Used SwaddleBees Before We Started Making Ours, And Yes Those Ones Leak BAD!

And No, Cloth Diapering REDUCES The Chance OfDiaper Rash. My Girls Have Sensitive Tushies Too And I Was Told By Their Pedi To Try Cloth Diapers BecaseThere Is No Extra Junk In Them. And Its SOOO Much Cheaper.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 11:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We've always just used the tri-fold, a snappi and proraps covers provided by our diaper service. As long as the covers are the right size and put on correctly, we've not really had any leakage. (MUCH less leakage than we have had with the minimal disposable diapers we used) We've also tried the thirsties covers, and I kind of like them better, but not enough better to pay extra for them.

Are the covers snug around the legs and the waist?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Don't you have to have a new cover at every change when using AIO's? Seems like way too much hassle to me, maybe I'm missing the point though. *shrug*
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I do know a couple people whose children's skin were irritated by the detergents used to clean their cloth diapers. As I recall they didn't have w/d at home, so they were using a service and didn't have any choice on the detergent. So they switched to disposables. That's really the only instances I've heard where there was more diaper rash with the cloth diapers.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010