31 Weeks pregnant and Having a Bad Right Hip Pain for 2 weeks now and going to my butt now horrible???

OHH GOD I BEEN HAVING THIS BAD HORRIBLE HIP PAIN FOR 2 WEEKS I CANT SIT,SLEEP,WALK ANYTHING AND NOW MY RIGHT BUTT IS HURTING TOO CANT STAND THIS PAIN HAD ANYONE EXPERIENCE THE SAMETHING DURING THEIR PREGNANCY? LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sound like your pelvic is getting ready for the baby. it starts spreading i think thats what you call it, but it does hurt
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yup- a nerve. I had this, but I cannot remember the name of the stupid nerve. Bane of all three of my pregnancies- most likely the babe is resting on it. :-(

Stretch and keep moving as much as possible- and try water. Swimming alleviate the pressure and helps baby lift up off of it... :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• it sounds like sciatica. Not much you can do except physical therapy -- once baby is here it will get better!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sounds like the sciatica pain I had during my pregnancy. It's horrible. The only thing that helped was Tylenol and heating pads. Oh, and giving birth. It's amazing what removing a baby will do to your body. Feel better and good luck!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• yep its sciatica. this nerve runs from the middle of your back all the way down to your ankle. theres nothing to help it except massage therapy and /or having the baby. I am a massage therapist and work for a chiropractor. do not do not do not!!!!!!!!! put heat on it. when you have sciatica the nerve is being pressed on due to inflammation. Heat will cause inflammation. You need to buy a gel ice pack and sit on it. Also seeing a chiropractor and getting massaged will help it. See if you can possibly take an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The sciatic nerve (also known as the ischiadic nerve and the ischiatic nerve) is a large nerve fiber in humans and other animals. It begins in the lower back and runs through the buttock and down the lower limb. It is the longest and widest single nerve in the human body your baby is sitting on top of it
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010