My "friend" says he wants a companion and a friend...what does that mean? I thought a companion was a friend

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Me too... don't know what it means.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Eh, I would figure companionship and friendship would go hand in hand, but not always. Believe me, I'm a child of divorce and my father has been married three times, so I'm guessing it doesn't always work out that way.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 11:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I always thought that a companion is typically a life partner type person, without the sex...or maybe some cuddling but I picture more holding hands than steamy lovers...

If your "friend" is saying this, it may be that he wants to let you know that he just wants to be friends with you with maybe a little lovin' on the side, but he's not into being a husband type person.

I think you'd have to supply a little more information :)
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 11:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• he probably just wants a friend, someone maybe to hang-out or go out with or just to talk.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think he wants sex....just being completely honest. Companion implies someone who lives with or stays the night with you....
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010