Does your husband read bedtime stories?

My husband always reads bedtime stories to our boys when he is off work. He works rotating shifts, so he is home about 2/3 of the time at bed time. It is very sweet and our boys LOVE it. He is really good and makes funny noises and really over dramatizes them so the boys always roar with laughter.

My father never did stories and my sisters husbands would never do the bedtime routine with their kids. Is my husband really the only one that does it?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 11:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, my DH is in charge of bedtime stories! He does the voices & sound effects so much better than I do, the kids get a kick out of it. He gets to do the fun part, I get to get up at 2 am when my 14 month old has crammed her chunky legs through the crib slats AGAIN and I have to help her get unstuck. figures
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Nope my hubby does it. When he is not out to sea he is the only on that does it and it is wonderful it actually gives me a few minutes of alone time that I never get. I am sure they might be few and far between but there are other daddies out there that do bed time stories.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Nope my dh does it when he's home in time for the kids to go to bed, which is only on weekends. He's AWESOME at the animal sounds and voice impersonations. It's spot-on! He is an animator and has a great love for Disney characters and funny voices. He can sound exactly like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Winnie the Pooh and tons more! I feel jealous some because I can't impersonate squat lol but my kids laugh and squeal with delight. I handle them when they're sad and crying, he handles the silliness lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My husband doesn't read the bedtime stories, but he's very much involved with the bed time routine when he's home. He's in there when I do read to them, and he always tucks them in.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i think so i have never seen any man in my family do that how lucky are u good job u found one of the keepers
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• yes..my dh reads our son bedtime stories...maybe 3-4times a month...but i'm the one that does it every night....but sometime my son will say " I want daddy to read me a bed time story
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• yes, but army guys never know when they wont get that oppertunity!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2010