Have you used Fenu Greek and has it worked?

My sister is bf'ing, but she pumps and bottle feeds the baby. Her milk supply has been slowly dwindling and this morning she only got 2 ounces after not having pumped all night. She is going to try Fenu Greek but has heard that it doesn't work that well and she doesn't want to waste the money. Has anyone had success with it?

VAMommyX4

Asked by VAMommyX4 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It worked pretty well for me! Another alternative--- her ob/gyn could call her in a prescription for Reglan. I would have taken that, but my son was actually on Reglan for acid reflux/digestion problems, so he would have been getting a double dose with me taking it while breastfeeding.

Good luck to her!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I took it and it worked great for me, I was at a point i wasn't producing enough, after 3 days on Fenugreek i was bakc to normal! GL
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 10:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Fenugreek works like a CHARM. Send her over to the breastfeeding moms group for dosage info...you need to take a LOT. 3000 mg daiily, and nurse/.pump at least seven times a day.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• it worked great for me. the key is to take a lot, like gdiamante said.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I am using it now. it is a god send for us. I am taking 2 x 610 mg x 3 times a day = 3660 mg a day. I BF in the morning 2xs, pump 3xs (4-6 ounces each side each time) and BF 2xs (at least) in the evening. You have to keep up pumping and/or BF'ing like gdiamante said above.
    McMommy1

Answer by McMommy1 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Don't they have fenugreek tea? If so, probably 3 cups a day would do...I'm going to look into that. Thanks ladies....as I'm also a b/f mommy and I love it!
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008