ANTS ANTS ANTS!!!! HELP

I woke up this morning and i got this super tiny little ants all over my kitchen counter top. Are they sugar ants? i have never seen such tiny ants in my life. How do i stop them from coming in. How to i get rid of them? I keep my counters clean, and everything. Is there anything i can buy to help keep them out. PLEASE HELP

mybabychunk

Asked by mybabychunk at 10:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Home & Garden

• u can bug bomb the house... and to keep them out use used coffee grains and put it in front of the entrances... they are sugar ants... they will get into everything but butter!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I only found one product that worked great for this, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name. I found it at Ace Hardware. It's a little box type thing which the ants go into... It works great.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Check under anything you have on your counters, and all the knives in your knife block if you have one. I had that problem, and couldn't figure out what they were after, b/c my kitchen was spotless. Turned out I had a knife that had some food that the dishwasher didn't get off, I didn't see it and put it away, and the ants were after it. Also, washclothes and sponges that you use for washing dishes can attract them too.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I WAS READING A MAGAZINE ONE DAY AND IT GAVE TIPS ON HOW TO KEEP ANTS FROM CRAWLING ONTO YOUR PICNIC TABLE. IT SAID PUT SOME VASELINE ON ALL FOUR LEGS OF THE TABLE YOU KNOW MAKE A BARRYA AROUND THE FOUR LEGS AND THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CROSS IT. I DID THIS, I ALSO PUT SOME ON ALL THE LEGS OF THE CHAIRS NO MORE ANTS ON MY PICNIC TABLE! :) ANYWAYS I ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM SO I APPLIED THAT SAME IDEA TO THE ENTRANCE OF THE KITCHEN DOOR AND GUESS WHAT?? YOU GOT IT NO MORE ANTS ON MY KITCHEN COUNTER TOPS. HOPE THIS HELPS KEEP IT IN MIND ON YOUR NEXT COOKOUT! :) JACKIE
    JADA125

Answer by JADA125 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I just had this problem - I put a Terro liquid ant bait on my counter-top beside the microwave - next to where the ants were walking but away from the surface that would come in contact with food. The ants were gone in less than two days. The box says to use several traps - but I didn't and it still worked perfectly.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I use the Terro stuff too. It works very well.
    beward79

Answer by beward79 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• This was the first time I had an ant problem. I sprinked baby powder alond the edge of the wall where they were coming in and this took care of them.
    SILVERROSE01

Answer by SILVERROSE01 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Terro has my vote.
    Tinkerbell3396

Answer by Tinkerbell3396 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i like hot shot. we had those huge flying ants all over our laundry room and living room...yuck!!! so my hubby got the hot shot thing. the ants go into them and then take the poison back the the nest. it took maybe two days, but we def. saw an immediate improvement.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I used the bait traps. I also used baking soda. I sprinkled it on the counter left it there for 2 days and the ants were gone.. I also went outside to see if I could see where they were coming in. I put a bait trap on that spot.
    valkay

Answer by valkay at 12:34 AM on Oct. 12, 2008