Want to meet other moms but??

I just moved not to long ago, and since havent really had a chance to meet new people. Tonight I emailed someone about a playgroup, and I think its just a moms playgroup the way she worded it. but I have a 22 month old baby whos 35lbs. I always have my husband lift him when needing because I have a prolapsed, (weak bladder) sooo my question I guess is how do I bring something like that up to a stranger? are dads aloud to goto playgroups too?
its just kind of embarrassing I'd rather say I have a bad back or something idk
any suggestions anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd just ask if dads are welcome too... you don't even need to bring up your health concern. your DH might be a little weirded out by all the women, though. how about checking with your local YMCA or something for groups there?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• as far as I know, dads go to playgroups. I mean, there are plenty of stay at home dads and all. you could always ask. and yeah, I'd probably say I had a weak back, too, until I knew them better. then I might tell. it's your buisness, and if it's not something you feel comfortable telling them, dont.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would just ask if hubbies are allowed, if you want to say your back so be it, you would get the answer you need.. I think most have "mommy only times" and "family times"... since some of the woman just want womanly time to talk about private matters & you never know when some hubby is going to get annoyed with a man around his wife..

Check out Meetup.com
    There could be a family group on there already in your area.. or on yahoo groups i think they have groups like that too.. Maybe you could make your own group where hubbys are optional..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• just ask!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• well it really shound not matter if you are there for the kids if they are nice people they should understand
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010