I am going to have a csection....What do they tell you to do the day before the csection ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you have to go to the hospital to get blood drawn. and they will tell you what time to come what room, you will fill out papers and they tell you not to eat after 12am the night b4. the meds will make you really sick and plus tvey are cutting you open it will be messy with food in there
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Usually it is nothing by mouth after midnight. Don't shave or anything like that. Let the OR staff do it in a sterile environment. I have never had to do anything out of the ordinary.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• oooh and they will give you a bracelet to wear and not take off. I suggest to take a long hot shower b/c it will be anywhere from 3-7days til you can take one again.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have 2 c-sections and they have never told me anything other than to not eat or drink or even brush my teeth after midnight. it wasn't bad they do everything and the next day I was up moving around and even took a shower! Move around when they let you the longer you sit the more painful it is when you do get up! Congrats on the BABY =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I hope you're having a c-sec because its absolutely necessay and not for someone's convenience, becuase they are by no means less painful than a vaginal birth. Mine wasn't planned. I went in at midnight to be induced and ended up with one*sigh*... Anyways, whether you're having c-sec or vaginal, they aren't going to let you eat anything. You're going to be majorly thirsty so I suggest hydrating before going in. Also chapstick and warm socks are a good idea becuase c-secs do something to make you really cold and shaky sometimes afterwards. I think its all the blood loss. GL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• do not eat after midnight and make sure u have a bag packed b/c u will be there for a few days make sure u have all the loos end tied up befor u go b/c u will not be able to go out any were with out someone to help u i had two c- sections and the first was hard but the second one was easy
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• it's different for every hospital.
    i haven't heard of anyone going to get blood work done before it, seeing as they did blood work during the pregnancy. no eating after midnight bc they are afraid of the possibility of you aspirating during the c/s. plus, w/ an empty stomach, it's not as big and not pushing things down. you can shave if you want, and that might be better. the shaver they use gives major razor burn/bumps. there's no "sterile" benefit for them doing it. and you don't have to shave everything. just shave the top area to make it a lot lower than it usually is. not everything has to be shaved.
    i saw many c/s done while i was in clinicals during school.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2010