Does anyone have a hard time staying awake in the mornings?

I have the hardest time getting up in the mornings and I hate it. It's almost like I can't fight it off. Like sleep is my ciggarette,lol. I know this sounds silly and I'm not trying to be lazy but I wake up so sore and sleep deprived. I suppose most mothers have interupted sleep when you have kids and a family but I suppose that may have a lot to do with it. Most moms I know get up early anyway and they carry on with there day or so I think. I wish I could do this. I would get so much more done and actually have a little free time in my day if I could. once the kids are off to school because I feel achy I'll sit down for a minute and out to dreamland I go. I set the alarm because I know I'll do this and then I either don't hear the alarm or hit snooze a dozen times. Can't resist the temptation. I also have a lot of migraines and take meds that make me groggy and the migraines themselves make me tired. Anyone late wakers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i am anemic and i know i have problems with keeping awake at times but nothing a lil iron pill dont help!!! lol
    echokays

Answer by echokays at 11:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Could you be preggers?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have issues, but I'm a coffee drinker, so I'm like double shot on days that are harder. But I can pass the baby to dad when I'm really tired, he's ok with that on some mornings.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 11:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have a hard time waking up early. I like to stay up late and so my dh works 2nd shift so I can sleep in in the morning and he gets up with the kids (he gets home around 11pm and only works 4 days a week). I LOVE him=)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have hypothyroidism and it makes me very tired all day long!! Have you had your thyroid checked? It could be that or anemia. I was on medication until April then got off them because it was "normal". Now I am in the same spot I was before and if I could all I would do is sleep. I am seeing my dr to get back on my meds next week and I can't wait! I am up at 5:30-6:30am everyday and it definately puts a toll on me. GL and I hope you figure out what's wrong soon. I HATE being tired.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• me!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• well i have some what the same thing i think it has to do with stress and a really bad bed.
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It could have something to do with the way your meds are working on you. They may need to be adjusted. But some Drs. do not know how to or just do not want to be bothered. All Drs. are not equal. I do not know a good way to find a good Dr. Do you think you are stressed?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Those are all good things to think about. I really don't want to be tired all the time. I just didn't know if it's normal and lots of moms feel this tired or if it's something more. Thanks everyone. I don't feel so guilty for being "lazy" if you can call it that> :)
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2010