Why do people do this?

Answer a question with something so off the wall, theres no point. For example. Question: My husband and I are trying to take turns itht he baby at night, but he doesnt wake up when she cries?" Answer: Leave him...

Why why why would that be helpful? I see this crap all the time.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 10:17 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Because people have no vestment in others' relationships. To them, your marriage (to use your example) is about as real to them as a cartoon or an episode of Survivor.

Actually, now that I type that, it makes me think about the movie Running Man. Did you ever see that? Anyway, when the game show host asks the crowd to decide the players' life or death, which do they choose? The one that's more ENTERTAINING for them. The man's life is irrelevant.

It's the same principle on a lesser scale.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well, I know I don't answer questions off the wall... I am actually just telling the truth. If your husband is verbally abusing your 3 year old because he don't like him.... I think that the father is damaging the child's pysch... That is abuse in my opinion. So, if warranted, it is necessary to leave the husband... If the baby is crying and he don't wake up.. No.. but if he was showing signs of abuse... BY ALL MEANS LEAVE.... Anyway, that is my opinion...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If he is supose to get up with the baby and he wont for whatever reason,,I would elbow him tell he got up or kick him or turn on the light , he would get up.

Answer by louise2 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My husband got up once with our 1st one because I was so sleep deprived I almost fell with baby so I told him next time he had to get up, well 15 mins. later he comes in with baby , he's crying and says"I can't do this" ,looking back now I realize how crazy we were to have a 2nd but I wouldn't change anything, especially my tubal ligation! I just had to vent !
    CupOTea

Answer by CupOTea at 10:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Because people get a false sense of security on the internet and think they can just say whatever random, ridiculous thing that comes to mind. Also, some people just suck at giving advice!
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008