Do you get annoyed when moms give incorrect or outdated advice?

I don't know why it irks me so much, but it just does!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes it does. I'm glad the "pop" mom is gone. She recommended popping kids for everything. She said she popped her kids and other people's kids all the time. If a child touched her Christmas tree they got popped, it didn't matter if it was her kid.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Not so much annoyed as worried. Some of the advice given out can be dangerous if someone follows it - such as drinking castor oil to induce labor or pulling back a newborn's foreskin to clean underneath.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No, not really. My grandma for some reason has good advice even if it is out dated. But, I take that outdated advice and tweek it to my own liking. It's kind of fun and creative.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 11:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It's important to remember how different we all are culturally. I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to harm anyone else.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• no i dont get annoyed, i will correct them and give them a way to read about it.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• nope
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sometimes it does. It really depends on the person and the advice they're giving, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Not really its nice to get alot of diffrent perspectives.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• There are some "outdated" things I do, and when asked I will give as advice- whiskey on the gums for persistent teething (thank you grandma!) I never fed my son baby food or one food a week blah blah, he ate what we were having. (He doesn't have a single allergy, and no one in our family does- no PB or honey till after a year though!) He was off formula at 9 months, forward facing car seat at 11 months. I don't think doctors or professionals always know best. What works for one mother may not work for another. Variety is the spice of life!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 3:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes! I had a lady on here try to say that troops rarely deply anymore and noone dies much! Did you know that 8 soldiers on my street are deployed? And 3 wives on my street alone have lost hubby's this year! And that more people have dies in 2010 then in a toal from 2001-2009? That is cruel and rude info to pass on! I live this everyday. and noone needs to tell me crap about our soldiers!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010