What is the best way to discipline your kids without feeling sorry .

AshantiJ

Asked by AshantiJ at 11:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• i dont know.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Discipline is not going to be effective if you're sorry about it. I would need to know why you feel that way.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You simply put aside those feelings to realize that you hold the power to make or break this child. You can raise him with manners, the ability to know right from wrong, or you can do him the injustice of raising him to be a brat. That's about it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Why would you feel sorry for doing anything when you are just shaping them to be good human beings.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Loving guidance. Authoritative parenting. Learning parenting skills that encourage your children to be cooperative and well behaved. Love & Limits by Elizabeth Crary is a great first book. She has a website called star parenting.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• depends on the age of the child...my 3year old gets time out...and we give him 3-to 5minutes to sit still as seen on the NANNY....and it works for us....the NANNY states that the time limit for time out shold be a minute for each year of the child....meaning 1yr old...1min 4yrs....4mins...etc
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• There is no reason to feel bad unless you are hurting rather than helping. Never hit your child, call them a name, or yell in anger because these are things that are hurtful and that we tell kids not to do. It sends mixed messages.

Time outs, grounding, and talks are the best way to do it. If they are older kids ask them to explain why they did what they did. Make sure that they are learning a lesson. Then you can feel good as a teacher to them.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I dont like seeing my kids cry because it makes me feel that i did something wrong & i dont want them to feel like im mad or dont love them i just want whats best for them & to know whats right from wrong .
    AshantiJ

Comment by AshantiJ (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i have never hit ,call them out of their names or yell at them in anger & nor will i ever do any of those things .
    AshantiJ

Comment by AshantiJ (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• time out works for my 2 year old. I send her to her room for 2- 5 mins
    amyfaithmom

Answer by amyfaithmom at 12:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2010