azoospermia

was just wondering if anyones husband has been diagnosed with Azoospermia. My husband was diagnosed with this several years ago and his Dr said there may be a way to treat it.

DreamComeTrue08

Asked by DreamComeTrue08 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Health

• I've never really heard of it...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have not heard of this either, so I googled it... this is what I found (which you probably already know this:-) )

Azoospermia is the medical condition of a male not having any measurable level of sperm in his semen. It is associated with very low levels of fertility.

Azoospermia has two forms:

obstructive azoospermia, where sperm are created, but cannot be mixed with the rest of the ejaculatory fluid due to a physical obstruction, and;
    non-obstructive azoospermia, where there is a problem with spermatogenesis, as in the condition of hyperprolactinemia.
    congenital azoospermia, where azoospermia is a manifestation of cystic fibrosis due to agenesis of vas deferens.
    Azoospermia is a reported side effect of androgen drugs and corticosteroids because they suppress the hypothalamus release of GnRH and therefore FSH. This causes azoospermia in males and amenorrhea in females.

Compare with aspermia.
    <
    FinallyaMommy2

Answer by FinallyaMommy2 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Low sperm count. Which can either be obstructive or non-obstructive. Meaning there could be a blockage somewhere, or some other underlying cause. Some childhood diseases, like mumps.......could cause men to have a low sperm count or his hormone levels could be off.

There could be lots of reasons, but probably the best way to know for sure is to do a testicular biopsy.

Treatment is possible.  It could be anything from hormone therapy to the removal of a blockage.  You won't really know till the DR discovers why, and even then, with treatment, it doesn't guarantee it will help.

Good luck with this though!! 

Blessings.

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 12:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2008