Des it mean I can not carry on a conversation if I don't like the subject and want to be happy?

I have a friend who acts annoyed that I change the subject on her. She works, has no kids and always insists it's harder to be single than be a stay at home Mom. As she puts it, "Kids are easy."
Well she always talks about drama with 2 other people who she does not want to have a relationship. I tell her to back out and let them be, but she insists SAHM are controlled women and their relationship is not right.
I just have my own family drama at times. When I have nothing going on I call her back. Should I feel bad I don't care about what she has to say?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 11:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I had a friend that was close to me.... she thought that her life was better and or more important than mine so I got tired of it but never said anything. One day on face book I said " My home girl went to the concert and she said there was smoke every where.... I don't know if that is what happened but whatever no sweat off my back....." and she flipped on me saying that I was calling her a liar and all this. I think that my life is more important than any one else aside from my children and husband...... Remember you are more important and your family. Ignore her and in the end if she is a real friend then you will see. Or you can cut it off to make your life less stressful
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• LOL. WOW! I'm a SAHM and it's not easy! I've been a full-time mom too and that too wasn't easy. Everyone thinks its ok to judge someone else and thinks their life is so much harder. I would let what she says go in one ear and out the other. She'll get the hint.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No.
    It sounds like your friend thinks she is the center of your universe. How rude to say that you have it easy! You need to confront her. Say "I feel disrespected that you think my life is easy and dont listen to my problems like I listen to you." She should understand! She should at least hear you out! If she cant she isnt a good friend and you arent losing anything more than an earache. You are being taken advantage of.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Not really.

&& no offense (second time in five minutes Ive said that) it sounds like someone is really unhappy with her own life.. & Maybe because thats the way she feels she isn't married, or with someone.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• nope don't feel bad obviously she'll never understand your point of view till she has kids and realizes the are NOT easy lol there awesome but definitly not easy i mean seriously its another life you created lol you each have different priorities in life thats all
    mommyspicer

Answer by mommyspicer at 11:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She doesn't sound like much of a friend, to be a honest... she's obviously clueless! and probably jealous of your family.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No, don't feel bad. Your life is moving in a completely different direction than hers is now. This happens to the best of us.

And if she thinks kids are so easy, tell her you'd be happy to have her babysit for you while you go out with your husband and enjoy a night out. :) I think she'll change her mind pretty soon after that.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010