postpartum bleeding...please do not say "call your doc" i'm doing that in the morning but i need real answers tonight

i'll be 4 weeks postpartum on sunday. i had a very ideal pregnancy and birth, no complications. i bled for about a week and then it became more pink, and then eventually yellow, and yesterday the discharge stopped. today i started bleeding again like i was week one and yes there are clots. whats going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• it could be your period.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Honestly, it sounds like you done too much Today. Did you try to do a lot because you were not bleeding and felt better? That is what it sounds like to me. I would take it easy until you can call the Doc in the Am.

Are they large clots and are you pouring blood or it just like it was before you stopped bleeding? I guess that is the most important thing to know right now before making an educated answer.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I got my period right at 5-6 weeks with all three of my kids.

You say there are clots, but like what kind of clots? Small ones are fine, anything bigger than a grape call the doc right away. Also unless you are bleeding through a super absorbency pad in one hour, then you should be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• they're jelly like clots and they're not bigger than a grape
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i would say its your period..i bled for about 3wks after dd was born..then it stopped for a week or so and well it started right back up..and it was indeed my period..congrats and good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Then you should be fine. My first periods after each of the kids was kinda weird. Be sure to watch the bleeding, any super heavy bleeding, you need to go the ER. Regular-heavy period bleeding is fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It's probably something to do with hormones changing, like if you recently stopped bf or something else going on like that. I bled, bled, bled with both kids postpartum. When I called the dr they said it was ok as long as I wasn't going through more than one pad in an hour.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It sounds like you did too much today and you are bleeding because of it. I know my doctor told me for the first 6 weeks to take it real easy and to be sure to rest and stay off my feet as much as possible to keep from having "extra" bleeding. I'd say stay off your feet as much as possible at least until the morning when you call your doctor. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just take it easy, mama, and congratulations on your new baby!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My doc said if you start bleeding heavy again you did too much and sit down and relax. Unless they were golf to tennis ball sized clots, then call.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 11:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Two things: either you are going to have bleeding that stops and starts (I had that after one of my kids... just when I had a couple days spot-free it would start up again) or you are getting your period. Are you bf'ing? If you are bf'ing that can postpone your period for months or even a year, but if you are ff'ing your normal cycles can resume pretty much right away. HTH a bit!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010