• In the Spotlight:

baby or not????

ive recently gotten married i have my daughter emilee and my new husband he wants another baby but his blood seeing as my daughter is his step daughter im concerned that if we have another baby that he will treat her differently then he will his own as he would favor his own blood am i being petty to think this???

echokays

Asked by echokays at 11:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I will tell you that if you have a wonderful man, like I was able to find, and I am sure you do since you married him, then he will not treat them different at all. I was worried about the same thing but my Husband treats both of the children the exact same. I say go for it sweetie. I think we tend to worry about things more than we need to. Enjoy your new life with your Hubby, make a baby together and move forward. Then worry about it if it happens but I dont think it will.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Talk to him about it. Be honest.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i hate to tell you but there will always be a diff bond between his own blood and your dd..i am a step parent my sd is 13 and my baby is 7mnths I try my very best to show equal time..but with one being so little its pretty hard..i can tell you that i have a little better relationship with my sd..but i know there are times she feels that i spend more time with my dd and i do things diff with her even though its not intentional..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Some people put far too much emphasis on blood. How long have you been together? And how long married?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• we been together 1yr ive known him 4 7 yrs and we just got married 2 weeks ago so yea we very new to married life
    echokays

Comment by echokays (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My honest answer would b to wait...esp if you guys jus got married...jus enjoy wed life for awhile....and i do know wht u mean...u are not crazy...bcuz my sister experience the same thing u are talking about....her hubby started treating his step kids differently after the birth of his own...he went as far as to only bringing toys home jus for his child and not for the step kids (ages 4 & 6)....so yes i would wait
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Honestly, I'd say take some time to get used to married life first. What's the rush to jump into new baby right this minute?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• That's pretty messed up TezMoM. Maybe I'm harsh, but a man with that kind of attitude doesn't deserve to have his own children.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yea i want to wait because im still having a hard time with my daughter only being with me half the time and the rest the time she with her dad i want a baby badly i miss having my baby with me all the time i just dont want it to seem like im replacing my daughter since i dont have her 100% of the time
    echokays

Comment by echokays (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have two children from a previous relationship. My husband dose not try to treat any of the children differnt but my ex I think tells my children they don't have to listen to him. (he is very immature) that is he is my ex....... I think that you should not worry about it, if you think that he is that low then are you sure you made a good choice? Well I am not trying to sound bad about him or any one else unless you are talking about my ex! Feel free to say what ever you want lol~!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2010