What do you think about this? (Something from local news yesterday)

I'll post the link in the first response. It's not a long story, maybe a third of a page.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i live in greeneville tn and i saw that lastnight i think the guyshould have known that the school was there and it was irresponsible of him to do that
    bobo69

Answer by bobo69 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• coyotes are not that big of a threat to just be randomly shot. this idiot needs to have his guns removed and never re issued. what a shame.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• At first I figured it was just some guy that wasn't thinking about the implications of shooting his gun in a residential area when the intruder is a coyote. That or I figured he wasn't trained on gun safety. But after reading the follow up story today, it seems as if he should have known better since he is a former state trooper. He has had gun safety courses. I can't imagine what was going through his head. Maybe he should have his guns removed if it's a matter of him discharging them in inappropriate places.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• That's pretty freaking scary.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Wonders how close his house was to the school. But since he had another incident, it would seem as if he shoots just for little things and not for life and death situation.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i think it's a bit crazy he hit the school, but other then that I don't see anything wrong with it. What if that coyote hurt someone? Then people would have been crying that no one did anything about it...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't think the coyote being there was that scary. Or the fact that the guy shot it was scary. I think the fact that he obviously missed and hit the school is scary. What an idiot!
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Scary because the coyote was right there at the school, or because the guy shot at it? I honestly find it more frightening that the coyote was right there, because I doubt he would have shot at it if school was in session. Then again, maybe he would have.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm not really sure how it is in that area, I live about half an hour away, but I know that where I grew up (about an hour away from the school), coyotes were a SERIOUS problem and it was usually a life or death kind of situation. I'm not really defending the guy, I'm just giving a little info about this area. Although, I really don't think that he meant for things to go that way.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2010