Is it wrong too.. and is it proper and right too..

Is it wrong to put a 4yr old or 9yr old or any age of a kid in there room if they wont stay in timeout or the conner and when there put in there room they wont stay they come out so is it wrong to make them stay in there by standing there and holding the door shut for the amount of time that there age is for example the 4yr old keep her in there for 4mins and a 10yr old keep her in there for 10mins.

And is it the proper and right thing to do to talk to a kid after timeout to make sure they fully understand why they had to take that timeout so you know there understanding it?

baby_mama012

Asked by baby_mama012 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I know the answer to the last question...yes its the right thing to talk to them after a time out and have them tell you why they were sent.
    as for the first part...Im not so sure that that is the right thing to do...that seems really crule and unusaual. My daughter is 4 and when she wouldnt stand in time out I just stood near her or kept an eye out and when she would move scowld her and say not until the timer goes off (our time out was near the front door, so all the tile was where she had to stay...and she would sits as close to the carpet as the tile tile lets her)
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't think it is wrong to find your own parenting style. What works for you might not work for others. It does not sound like anyone is being hurt. I think if it works and your kids are getting the message, Then do it your way!

stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 6:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Sounds like you're doing the time-out thing as it should be done. Is it working? Are the kids learning and changing their behavior? Time-outs never worked with my kids and I have to agree with stweshjali above ... everyone has their own parenting style and what works for one may not work for another.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i have never put my kids in thier rooms for time out.i put them in a chair faceing a wall with nothing to play with.or to eat or drink. and then talk to them about what vthey done wrong and give them a hug and kiss.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010