Is it wrong too.. and is it proper and right too..

Is it wrong to put a 4yr old or 9yr old or any age of a kid in there room if they wont stay in timeout or the conner and when there put in there room they wont stay they come out so is it wrong to make them stay in there by standing there and holding the door shut for the amount of time that there age is for example the 4yr old keep her in there for 4mins and a 10yr old keep her in there for 10mins.

And is it the proper and right thing to do to talk to a kid after timeout to make sure they fully understand why they had to take that timeout so you know there understanding it?

baby_mama012

Asked by baby_mama012 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Heck no it isn't wrong! But I do think timeout for a 9 yr old is too old. The 9 yr old should have something taken away like computer, tv, Nintedo, etc
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I've done that with my daughter. She'll be 8 next month. And Yes! You should talk to them after. Get on their level and make eye contact. Explain again why you put them in time out, why what they did is not ok (hitting is not ok because it can hurt other people ect) and then they need to apologize to you, and to anyone else that was shown disrespect (like when my ds hits his sister, he has to go apologize to her too) then a hug and kiss and an I love you. That's how we do it anyway. It seems to work most the time.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 2:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Seriously, your 10 year old cant stay in the room for 10 minutes??? The four year old I can understand being a little antsy but the amount of time that you have laid out for each child is perfectly reasonable. Why are you allowing them out early??? You are the parent and they are kids!!! They dont make the rules, you do!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No its not wrong you have to do what you need to do.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 9:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have put my teen in the sad corner (she is too big for the sad chair). She giggled the entire time, but she did apologize when the timer buzzed.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• well i think they can be a littleold for time outs i think its best to o for something like taking away something they like or something special until they appologize and if they do it again you take it away for one whole day and if they keep doing it then you just keep adding more days until they stop
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2010