how to stop my cat from eating house plants?

i got 2 plants one is a spider plant and the other one is some kind of vine and evry time i bring them in my cats eat them. i would like to know how to stop this habit.

bobo69

Asked by bobo69 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pets

• invest in a water bottle that you can spray the cat with..usually after a few squirts it will get the point
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• if your cat is stubborn like mine, Cuddles (the cat) was eating the plants that were given at my FIL funeral, so I invested in "cat" plants, cat grass, cat nip ect
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Cats eat plants and stuff because they haven't been domesticated THAT long and are supposed to be eating that stuff outdoors. They love grass, maybe give them some so they won't crave plants as much. Its good for their digestive system. I suggest putting the plants in a no-cat room.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I keep the plants where the cats can't get to them unless I am sure they will be left alone. Many indoor plants are poisonous to cats so please be careful! My cats won't eat pothos, and that's pretty much the only houseplant I will ever have. They leave my basil alone too.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my oldest cat is 16 years old (cheetah) so she gets to do whatever she wants and goes whereever she wants just not outside cause of the age thing.
    bobo69

Comment by bobo69 (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Buy a catnip plant! She will focus on that!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It might also help to buy an "indoor" formula of cat food even if your cats go outside. The extra greens in these foods may help.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 11:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• buy cat grass they sell it at pet stores
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010