Do you think teen mothers wont ever reach there goals oin life if there pregnant?

baby_mama012

Asked by baby_mama012 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, my friend got pregnant with her son at 17 and she is at a job making 18 dollars an hour, married, and having another child and had a pretty good life. i dont think its exactly what she had planned for herself, and shes hit a few bumps since having her son, but shes dont alright.
    its depends on the girl.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It certainly makes it more difficult. Impossible, no,
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No its possible. Many have done it, its just a lot harder.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• no
    My mom had me at 15, preg at 14, and she brings 6figures alone, no child support, no husband, nada. She always said that her goal in life was to see her children succeed, we're in progress but financially, successfully, I think she is doing great. Now she is 34, mother to 2 daughters, and a grandma to one grandson. Her goals revolve around family, and I think she is accomplishing them.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• u can succeed if u have determination
    echokays

Answer by echokays at 12:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No, I am a teen mom but I WILL reach my goals in life because I am determined to prove everybody wrong who has doubted me and I am determined to give my son the best life impossible. Yes it might make it harder but no it is not impossible.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No, I don't think that, but like I said in another post, they face challenges that older moms don't. It all depends on their attitude and determination to meet their goals.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I second HisLove18!!! Everyone told me I would never get my GED or amount to anything but I was determined to prove them ALL wrong and I did! I got my Ged and then got state tested as a nursing assistant and am starting classes in Septemeber for Medical Assisting! Funny thing is that the people who said I'd not amount to anything are the ones who REALLY aren't amounting to anything, not only financially but also character wise...AND they don't have any kids! Ha, proved them wrong!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• NO. I reached a few of my goals & next year Im heading to do college courses to get my BA in Photography............. My first goal was to get my GED (was told by doctor to not go back to school because of stress & was on bedrest my whole 9 months) My son was born in July, but Jan of that year I was in the class, but april I got it.) I would have been to college already but my father in law needed me more...........
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Well, let's see... I'm 28, had my first child at 26. So now I am staying home with them until they go to school, which means, I won't be working or pursuing much of my goals for another 3 1/2 years. On the other hand, you have a baby at 17, that baby will be in school when you're 22, which gives you a LOT more time to be able to pursue some career goals while you're super young! LOL. No, it has nothing to do with age, just your determination. Everything is harder with kids no matter what age.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010