how do i get my kids to go to bed early

school starts monday and they still want to stay up till 12 midnight how do i get the to sleep by 9

jimenez123415

Asked by jimenez123415 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• how old are they??
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You should have not waited til the week before school. Start NOW putting them in bed at 9 pm. It will probably take a few weeks to adjust. 9 is still a bit late for kids that age. You might want to consider 8.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My kids are 2,4, and 6.

Bedtime is 9pm
    At 7 they get baths
    AT 8 they get a bedtime snack.
    IF they want me to read them a book, they are to be in bed at 8:30. IF no book, then in bed at 9.

That's it! I tell them to go to bed!!!

If your child is used to staying up.... my suggestion is let them stay up, but starting TOMORROW - wake them up at the time they are to get up for school. After a couple of days - they should be sleepy enough to get in the bed at a decent hour. But start a routine. Good luck!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• start getting them up at six, and make them go to bed at nine.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• time to wake your child up at 6;30am and make sure no naps she be in bed by 8pm each night
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Well as there is so little time I would suggest drastic measures. At bedtime, lights out for everyone. Then start making them get up at school time.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Wake them up early. Set a firm bedtime and stick to it. My kids have been going to bed/getting up at the same time they will for school all week so they will be ready next week when school starts.

Answer by missanc at 8:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My kids are on the same bedtime schedule all year. Even during the summer. The only exception is on special occasions and such. OTher than that its the same thing every night (that I posted above)... its the same in May, July, October, December - doesn't matter!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 9:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Midnight? At ages 5-8?

My kids can't stay up past nine normally. LOL

ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 9:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I started preparing my kids to get their bathes, teeth brushed, stories read and all by 8 oclock. It might sound too early but its not, they need at least 10 full hours of sleep to make it through the day. Its all up to u mama, set a time where everything has to be done and over with and have them in bed by a certain time EVERY NIGHT. no if's and's or but's about it lol good luck
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 10:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010