why do i feel so Unappreciated

i do every thing and no one helps me how can i get them to see all i do is take care of them

jimenez123415

Asked by jimenez123415 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• If your kids aren't super young strike for a day.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I felt like this once, and then I made him walk a day in my shoes and he has appericated me ever since. We are not together anymore but remain close friends and he tells me often that I am very strong for everything I do and that I am a wonderful person.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I disagree with the post above... I feel the same way sometimes.. .. you bust your hump all day long and it's like no one notices... Have you tried expressing your feelings toward your family? That's what I do, if I start feeling "walked on" or like my "job" is underappreaic. I just tell my husband how I feel. Not saying things will change overnight, but overtime he atleast will rinse a dish off before putting it in the sink.. or he will wash a load of clothes if it needs to be done...even that little bit makes me feel better, like he cares...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Motherhood. A never ending thankless job! If your kids are a bit older, lay down the rules and assign chores.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You are ultimately asking 'how can I control the thoughts of another person.'

I'll let you guess what's wrong with that.

But beyond that, the issue you're struggling with is that you do not appreciate what you do: you do not value your work, you do not value your talent in that work and you do not value the results.

When we appreciate ourselves, we don't need anyone to agree with us, and when we don't, all the doting and cards and flowers in the world will not fill the void.

You need to find your own values in your work --why are you doing everything for everyone? What are you getting out of it? Why is it important to you?

When you can answer those questions, you'll find it much easier to ignore all the other people's opinions --which are based on their values, not yours.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Oh geez, did a mom really write that last response? It is a matter of doing, doing, doing for others then feeling like no one "does" for you. We do it because that's what mom's do. We do it because our families are important. WE do it because, well, it needs done and no one else will do it!!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone expecting a THANK YOU or CAN I HELP now and then! We show appreciation for others with EVERYTHING we do. It's just nice to get that back now and then.
    Deedle28

Answer by Deedle28 at 5:41 PM on May. 4, 2011