What is wrong with my 19 month old?

My little girl has some problems that are concerning me and I would like some advice.

My daugther was always a very good baby, and well into the first months of toddlerhood..she slept, was very independent, and didn't throw a lot of tantrums.

Now she wakes up in night, is very very clingy to me and seems to spend more times being fussy, whiney, and having bad tantrums. She now tries to claw your face when she's mad . She gets frustrated with everything. She used to be so happy.

The worst problem that I thought nothing of, but have noticed it becoming more frequent..she does this thing and rocks on the floor..it looks like she's

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All of it sounds normal. She might be missing you. Make sure she gets plenty of attention.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i have some the same issues with my girl she 20 months she gets clingy and throws huge fits its probly the stage they r goint hrew as ive been told they eventually grow out of it
    echokays

Answer by echokays at 12:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My son is 20 months old and acts like that alot. I think it might be a phase for some children. My son likes to throw himself on the floor and hit his head on the floor or he will get mad cause it is bed time and slam his head into the wall. I had to move his bed because of it. I talked to his doctor to see if there was something wrong with him, his doctor told me no there wasnt, he just is trying to express his emotions because he cant with words.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Is she rubbing herself on something so that she is masterbating? If she is showing signs of sexual behavior, and is suddenly angry/clingy/tantrums, sudden night waking, all of that points to being sexually molested/abused. What is your child care situation? Is there any one she could possibly have been left with? Sadly, most cases of molestation are family members or someone else close to the family. I think this is something you need to look into.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Is there a possibility shes been sexuallly abused?? "humping" the floor doesn't sound normal to me. look up sign that thats happened.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 12:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Maybe I'm reading something differently... how do you guys get "humping" out of "rocks"?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It can be normal for children to hump/rock etc.....just like boys pull at their penis. It does not always mean molestation.

I can see why it would be concerning if she had an attitude change too but she is also hitting close to age 2.

Also how is she developmentally ? Is she starting to regress or is she having trouble verbally. Those symptoms could be frustration due to lack of speech/communication.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 12:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm missing something too, I just see rocking... everything else just sounds like she's hitting the terrible twos...
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Bringing her in is the best choice.To me it sounds like Autism. I am not a doctor but i did study it when I worked in daycare cause i had a student with the syndrome.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I thought autism too, just didn't want to scare her :/
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 9:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2010