is my son going to turn orange?

so today the therapist said if i giv my son carrot purree for a week he will start turnign orange. his doctor had told me to introduce a new veggie every week so this week comming up i was going to start carrots this week has been sweet potato so the therapist said with the sweet potato and with the carrots he will turn orange. and his doctor said to try and stick a week with every diferent food because my other son has alergies so she said theirs a highrisk that he will have them too

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They don't literally 'turn orange' but their skin can take on an orangish tint because of the beta carotene in the orange veggies. My son totally loved sweet potatoes and ate them everyday, and the only place we ever noticed it was in the creases to the side of his nose- I kept thinking he was 'stained' from getting the stuff on his face all the time but finally realized it was under the skin. It didn't hurt him,and it went away once he realized that sweet potatoes were not the only yummy thing to eat in the world.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes my dd turned orange from eating too much carrots sweet potatoes and yams.
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My DD has never turned orange from eating carrots, and she has them daily.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yeah... they can take a oompa loompa type appearance.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My youngest son did. It is called Hyperkeratanemia. It is completely harmless. It just makes people look at them funny. It will probably not happen in a week. My son ate them everyday for weeks and weeks before it happened. He just loved sweet potatoes and carrots..and hated anything green..in fact he still does. It'll be fine. Your Dr. is dead on about a week and only one new food at a time. My grandson has massive amounts of allergiies and it takes a lot of detective work to figure it out if you don't. :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• lol um I never saw mine turn orange but when it comes out of the diaper it looks like it did going in lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010