Have you heard of the Christian Identity movement?

Now, I knew there where people who felt this way and believed this way, but I had no idea they actually had a name for it. The beliefs scare me. The literally scare me. What do you think of them (a link to a break down of the beliefs in first reply.

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Religious Debate

• spiritguide_23

Comment by spiritguide_23 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My jaw is on the ground. That's horrible.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Wow! Yes that is very scary and bizarre!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I know this is going to sound bad coming from me and very judgemental but on this one I DO not care but anyone who believes those lies are bat shit crazy. I thought there was two creation accounts but if you actually read it one is an elaboration on the first. The mark of cain has nothing to do with black skin color. I could go on. That's just crazy talk
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• What a bunch of pathetically lost, twisted (not to mention illiterate) ... oh darn, the R word would fit so well here.

Seriously, they aren't scary ~ just sad.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I am a Christian. A very, VERY religious Christian, and I try to focus my entire life on God. I have a lot of beliefs that people don't agree with (being pro-life, etc.). I try to not be judgmental at all, and love everyone because even if people don't have God in their hearts, they are still God's children.

But this is not how I am. I really hope people don't think we are all like this. :(

(And just so you know LOL, I may be pro-life but I do NOT go around judging other people's decisions, calling people murderers, or protesting at abortion clinics. I prefer to pray. A lot.)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• geez... why can't people just let people believe what they want and live in peace with others? They are the ones causing all this religious fighting. You do see the other religions (except radical Muslims) doing this stuff.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• People can follow what they want, It's not for me I don't agree with any of it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Wow...that is a little out there, but to each their own..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• This question goes right along the lines of the one about Christians thinking that non Christians will go to hell. When falseness like this is taught. It drives people away from God. In Most cases those who don't believe are not at fault it's those who keep these false teachings going that are fault and will find themselves where they don't think they belong, While those who don't believe hopefully get another chance in the next life to understand and believe because they did keep Christ teaching to love one another. The whole thing comes down to God's mercy. Are we worthy. Did we show mercy to others? Or just hate?

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2010