What is wrong with my 19 month old? continued part 2

How would I know if someone molested her? The people that babysit her never molested me as a child. I can even think of anyone she's been around that could have done that. I wonder if she saw something..but at that age...I cant remember when she started "rocking" but she's been doing it for a while and it used to be when she was going to sleep only and now it's become at random times throughout the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The only advice I could really give is to take her to the doctor tomorrow and ask for him/her to check for any signs of abuse, infection, anything to explain what is going on.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Might be something totally different than abuse. Definitely take her to the doc
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 12:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You should take her to the dr but it could just be her way of relaxing or something she saw on tv. My dd used to do something similar always before falling asleep. It was her way of settling down and she's never been in anyone's care that could harm her. Babies do wacky things, but to rest assure your mind take her to the dr
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• some babies do things like that out of frustration or to relax........my son always hums himself to sleep , he used to rock in his crib...
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I do not want to scare you but rocking is a sign of autism, is there any other odd tweaks that she has? Perhaps she lines things up or doesn't like to look you in the eyes?
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with agriffinmom - to me her behavior very much points to autism or some other developmental disability. Do your best to write down all the unusual things you notice, and take her to the doctor. The sooner you get her diagnosed, the sooner you will be able to start learning the best ways to parent her and teach her. Good luck mama, I know this must be scary.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010