If you have more than one child how often do you have "alone time" with one of them at a time?

My husband and I have 3 children and each of them craves their "alone time" with each of us. So we try to do it as often as possible. The good thing is that they are happy whether we are running errand, snuggling by our selves on the couch or any thing, but I was just wondering how often we should be doing it. Or maybe how often we should be doing bigger alone time things (because cuddling on the couch could be a daily thing where as going to the park with just one child is a little more difficult to do on a daily basis.

MissMander

Asked by MissMander at 12:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• a little bit of alone time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't do really any alone time with them because they are ds5 and dd 2 and dd tags along ds in everything he does. Recently ds started kindergarden and dd hasn't been happy. dh is at work literally all day so we as a family are not together a lot. You just have to make the best quality time when they're around. Don't worry so much about the alone time.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I try really hard to make sure I have time for each of them, it may not happen daily but it definitely does happen weekly. I try to be involved in their activities DH was a coach for our oldest sons soccer team, I am a leader for our other sons scouts and i do lunch and ballet with my daughter. Outside of that we also take them on errands or i will sneak away with one here and there for a secret ice cream cone. I take the moments I can with each of them. This year eachof my boys got to go on a trip alone with me for several days, my oldest went to the beach and a concert with me and my other son went on a camping trip with me, my daughter and i didnt do any special trips this year but she wasnt really interested in one.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We have 3 kids as well. I don't necessarily have extended alone time with each of them every week, esp. during school time, but any activity is good for the kids. For instance I take each of my boys on a "date". My oldest and I went to the game store and out to eat. My little one and I went to a movie. I took my middle son to the mall and just hung out. At home I'll play cards with one of them, then watch another play video games, or just sit and chat in bed. When I have to run to the store I'll take just one if my husband is around to watch the others. It doesn't have to be hours, just a little bit of special time.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• have ever had time by making supper with one of the kids or baking or even taken one child shopping,when my kids where small one child would take turn going out with me,we would do food shopping plus have supper out,while dad home with the other 4 kids to this day my kids that are now adults still love going shopping and have lunch with mom this way i can keep up with their lives
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• we are about to have # 5 and we take my oldest son to do something by himself,, and the 2 girls 3, and 4 to do something together, then the baby has lots of attention anyway!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010