• In the Spotlight:

I am 13 weeks pregnant...I seriously need to dye my hair because I have gray hair everywhere!!

I just need to cover the gray hair with black dye. Is it safe or do I have to wait longer?

jazmin21

Asked by jazmin21 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• It's fine to dye your hair. It used to be recommended against years ago but the formulas have changed.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i believe you can dye your hair cuz you are early in your pregnancy, but i would do it with windows open, and in an open area so you arent breathing in that smell. But i would call and ask your doctor to make sure, just to be safe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yes you can dye your hair, also there are some brands that have special hair colors which are safe for pregnant women and they cover the gray hairs too, they have it written on the labels.
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 10:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think its fine 2 dye ur hair what i wouldn't recommend 4 u 2 to do it once you are close to your labor. Probably around 6 or 7 months you shouldn't dye your hair anymore and especially after giving birth.
    ssexymary

Answer by ssexymary at 10:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Girl I colored my hair with both my kids the whole time. Drs have prroven that its fine to treat your hair while pregnant. I'd get something like Ganrner though. It smells better haha
    inked_mom24

Answer by inked_mom24 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Just kidding Jaz....call your Doc and ask him
    MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 1:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Its fine. Just be sure to do a strand test because the color may react differently than it did before you were pregnant.
    Anonymous

• i was going to cosmotology school while i was pg with oldest son and i colored my hair all the time
    RJSMOMMA

Answer by RJSMOMMA at 2:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• u can dye ur hair i asked this q. when i first got preggies the doctor said there never really was anything that stated you can harm the baby just open a few windows youll be ok .
    Anonymous

• i also have grey hair it hasnt been proven that hairdye cant harm ur unborn child so i didjint chance it but i guess if u just cant sacrifice vanity 4 safety go ahead and do it just remember everything that goes into u goes n2 them 2
    BEANSMOM0513

Answer by BEANSMOM0513 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2008