Christmas ??

OK i have a question about christmas. My DD will be 6 months old when it gets here, well my mom thinks that this christmas will not be that important. i think she is wrong not only will it be her first and my olddest first christmas as a big sis ( i am very sentimental) but she will enjoy the lights the colored paper. and maybe the idea of getting a toy or two that she can hold. well i wanted all of your opinions and thoughts. maybe you can tell me you yours enjoyed it or not or didn't even notice my first was only 2 weeks old her first christmas so this is really diffrent. Thankyou all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its great.. My mom got me a nice little ornament that said: Babies First Christmas. And we always hunt it on the tree. She also said that I enjoyed the smell of the tree in the house. I would go for it!
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 1:09 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My first was 1 week old his first Christmas and my second was 8 months old. They totally love Christmas! It's very very special. Do whatever you want to celebrate!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• lol, just dont try to put her on santas lap,,that didnt go so well for dd. I had to sit on santas lap and hold dd in my arms. Have fun and just enjoy, ,,this time goes sooooo fast! Precious sweet memories, make it the best you can!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My son was only 3 days old. But I got him lots of little rattles that were colorful, a colorful care bear poster that I hung on the celing that he would lay and stare at for 10 15 minutes at a time, and he LOVED the christmas tree light, I ended up leaving the tree up till Mrach because he would rock in his swing and watch them or he would watch them during tummy time.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My kids were 7 months, 5 months and 11 months for their first christmas. None of them noticed really. They were just happy to play with the paper and boxes. I would only buy a couple of small gifts and call it good.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The first christmas is always a big deal even if the baby is only 2 days old! Your mom may be referring to the fact that your child most likey wont understand and will lose interest quickly but hey at 6 months attention spans are short lol. Enjoy it and make a big deal about it, it may not matter to your child now but my kids love seeing the pictures from their first chirstmas and the cute outfits.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It is important! My son was less than 1 month old on his first xmas and we were so excited to be new parents. We bought him toys and other gifts and attempted to carry out all of the xmas traditions. We laugh about it now because he slept through the whole thing! The second xmas was more fun!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My son was 6 months old on his first Christmas and he could have cared less!! He slept thru all the exciting stuff. It's important to you as a Mom, but your child will not remember it that young.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i went aout for my kids christmas my oldest son was 5months and my youngest was 3 his first christmas i got them thangs they chould use and some toy it is a special time for them even if they like the paper or the boxes better
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i agree
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2010