Should I let it go

My son is going with his dad the day after X-mas.My son has never been alone with out me for a long period time. he also has a step sister that he dont know.what do i do about that cause he hits little kids and i dont want him to hit her..his step mom thinks she has say in my son..i dont belive in that..i cant get along with her cause i have issues with her that i cant get over...they dont seem to understand that i cant..id love to sit down and talk to her to work things out...i want my son to have a good life. he does have a step mom and stp sister...he also had a little half brother on the way..does anyone think it be wrong if id ask her if we all could be a family?

singlemom1226

Asked by singlemom1226 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Doesn't look line that's going to work sense you two do not get along..I think you should just tell your ex how you feel, about your sons hitting problem, and that you don't want the new wife to discipline your son.  Or have a say in his life

Answer by louise2 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Let it go! you could tell your ex how you feel but in reality you have no control over what goes on in his home unless it affects your son's  safety

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• you should not harbor bad feelings towards other people, all it does is ruin your life. let those feelings go by focusing on the positive in your life. also, i disagree that the stepmom has no say in your son. she is in charge of that house along with your ex. if you son is in that household, then he is to follow the rules that she enforces and also respects her. your feelings towards her should not have anything to do with your son. it would be nice if all of you could get along. put your pride aside and mend your part in the situation. see what happens. otherwise, leave it as it is.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 12:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i have say in everything with my son not her...and it is for his safty she threathed me in front of my son and she may hurt my son
    singlemom1226

Answer by singlemom1226 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• if she threatened you infront of your sone then you should report her to the authorities. Otherwise if the issue of discipline is that important to you don't let your son be away from you. Keep him from his father, you will very soon find out that single parenting with a child that is violent is VERY draining if you have to do it alone.

Its also a break for you too, please try and remember that. If you can't put your issues with her behind you then why would they even want to sit down with you and be a family?
    Steph1977

Answer by Steph1977 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2008