for obese moms pregant and not gaining any weight but baby grows ! some moms over weight have 8lb babies and dont gain a lb have any of you had this happen

dprincessbelle

Asked by dprincessbelle at 1:26 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Today I was talking to an overweight coworker who gained 19lbs during pregnancy the baby weighed 10lbs at birth.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• well no.. but i am gaining weight as I go through pregancy!! (and not just the baby weight!)
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 1:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was 135 before I was pregnant, and shot up to 195 by the end of the pregnancy. My baby weighted 8lbs 7oz.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 1:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was 195 when I got pregnant with my first. I lost 10 lbs early on and then gained that back and only 5 more lbs. He was over 8 lbs. Second I was 220, never got above 223 and he was 9lb1oz. Third 235, stayed 235 the whole time, 8lb baby. With each I lost about 10-15 lbs in the beginning and gained it back, but that was about it for the weight gain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was obese with all my kids and actually left the hospital weighing less than when I started the pregnancies.
    I never experienced the great weight loss from breastfeeding though - but I did get the saggy tits LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was obese when I got pregnant and I gained 40 lbs. My son was 7.5lbs and I think the rest was water. I was SO bloated and swollen. I don't think I gained any fat at all. I lost it all right away.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I lost about 20lbs from my first ob appt when I was 5w to my last appt at 40w, then whatever I lost during the birth. He was 7lb 7oz. I maintained my weight with my next two pregnancies, not gaining or losing, and those two babies were both just over 8lbs. I had the extra weight to lose and had very healthy babies, so losing some weight while pregnant is always bad. But I did it by eating much healthier - luckily most of my cravings were for fruits and veggies (carrots and apples were almost all I could keep down at the beginning of my pregnancies). But dieting to lose weight while pregnant is not good, especially if you don't have the extra weight to carry you and baby.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm over weight and i just got done having my daughter last month on July 21 i only gain 9lbs and I'm 4weeks and 2 day postpartum and I'm almost 30 under my pe-preg weight and my daughter only weighed 5lbs 14oz at birth
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 2:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm halfway thru and havent gained a pound but have lost about 6lb due to terrible sickness at the start, really dnt want to gain as im already overweight!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 8:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2010