Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What should I do if I need a divorce?

I am on SSD and my husband and I have been seperated since October of 2009. Recently I have tried to work thing's out with him trying to give it thing a last chance and he is just not all there. He barely spend's anytime with our son and I almost feel as if I am pushing my son on to him and I don't want to do that. My husband is an addict and that is one of the biggest issues as to why we seperated. There other issues are that he believes the world will come to some end in the next 2 to 5 years and says our son is to lead the people into the new world. I am really at a loss as to what I should do. Can anyone help me.

Answer Question

Asked by FroggWaTude at 1:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

Level 2 (8 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • file for a divorce, and leave him alone sounds like he is crazy

    Answer by regian19832002 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • yea i would get documented proof and file for sole custody if i were you. good luck lady!

    Answer by MoMoFu at 1:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • I am sorry but your husband does not sound all there. You may need to go ahead and fille for divorce. Concentrate on you and your son. If your husband truly believes your son is to lead the world you may also need to get full custody to protect your son. This is real life and not the Terminator.

    Answer by MokaMommy at 1:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Boy you just helped put my shitty marriage in perspective. I guess I am Happily Married after all. As for you...File for divorce and sole custody. This is not someone you want around your son.

    Answer by yogabbafan at 2:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • I would get divorced and see if you husband would get help or talk to someone to help you make sure he does not take your son alone with him so that would call for supervised visit only for the safety and well being of your son


    Answer by paurad at 3:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Talk to an attorney, look up "Legal Aid" in your area if you can't afford one.

    Answer by Scuba at 9:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.