Perineal pain after 2 months still?? adult content

My babygirl is 2 months old, she is my first. I waited the six weeks to resume sex. My doctor for my postpartum check up had to leave for delivery when it was time for my appt so I was checked and talked to but no pap- she did not seemed worried. My husband and I have had sex a few times since- first time really did not hurt some pain but nothing major- but I still seem to have some pain when he intially penetrates.. like just in the perineum area and twice now I have wiped the tiniest amount of blood hours after sex. Is that fairly normal? When we first started dating it took 6 months for me to 'get used' to his size- like a would bleed on and off- doctor said it was normal and that nothing was wrong he was just 'big'.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could have torn. For 5 years I had immense pain with sex. Doctors could not figure out what was causing me all this pain. But I finally found a doctor who could. She said that white females and asian females have very sensative skin, it tears easy. My problem ended up being that the first time I had sex, it tore inside. It exposed a raw nerve. So everytime he would penetrate, it would rub across that raw nerve.

So during a PAP my doctor put a Q-tip inside and tapped around. She hit a spot that hurt so bad I cried. She whipped out a syrenge filled with lidocane to kill the nerve. I have had to go in three times within the last year to kill other nerves. But what a god send. For the first time in my life, sex was enjoyable!!
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 1:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Thank you, that was what it was in the beginning, it just went away after i while. Sometimes I think that I am just still very sensitive after birth and that my body is just getting used to him again..
    BeckieLea

Answer by BeckieLea at 1:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would definetly use copious amounts of lube!! As long as you don't have any allergies I would use a silicone based lube. It lasts the longest and is the most slippery. If you are hypoallergenic, try a H20 based lube. It works really well, it just doesnt last as long. Also, make sure the condom you use is compatable with the lube. And go very slow, one wrong move and you could end up out of commission for a while =/
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's normal to have pain for months especially if breastfeeding. My sure you get that pap. My pap after my 3rd baby found I had cervical cancer. Since it was found so early all I had to have was minor surgery.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• great answers here
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2010