ex disaster

my ex wants to meet my present sweet heart before he meets my children now i said fine but as more i converse with the ex i noticed he is also after personal answers i feel he mix personal feeling with the parental concerns .i dont expect him to like him because well he feels and him family that he and i should allways be together but aint no love when the other cheats .how do i go about this my present boyfriend is like well our life is our life i have no problem if it makes you happier but first shit he says im gonna swing

hush84

Asked by hush84 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Personally I think you have every right to tell your ex no. He sounds out of line and chances are he is already telling your children not to like your new SO. I hope he leaves the kids out of it but an ex is an ex, together you deal with parenting not who the other dates.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• After the comment "im gonna swing" was said I would not let them meet. and if I did I would make it clear to him that if he did "swing" it would be over because that is still my childs father and i would wish no harm upon him for the sake of my children.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 1:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Frankly, you are under no obligation to introduce your new guy to your ex before he meets the kids. You are their parent, you have the right to decide who meets your kids. You and your ex are not together, it's none of his business. (I'm a stepmom, and a bio-mom, btw).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• thats true he wants to find out more of my relationship with SO and since the begining iv said it is not your bussiness but things are serious now so
    hush84

Comment by hush84 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would talk to your current SO. Explain the situation and ask HIS advice. My ex has called/texted/myspaced me since I got married. I told my husband everything that was going on. He said he would have been pissed if he found out later that my ex tried to contact me, it would have made him feel like I was hiding it.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 1:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my ex is very controlling loves the mind games my SO is a correctional officer he would have a lot to loose if he did ( swing )and he knows it but he will not allow my ex to disrespect me for example my ex has the habit of calling a (whore) and having a cocky attitude and yeah it will be a tense weird meeting my ex already said he wont like meeting him yet he is the one requesting it ? so im assuming no good advice for this delema ?
    hush84

Comment by hush84 (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• YOU KNOW MAN ARE FUNNY, BECAUSE I KNOW THAT EX HAS A WOMAN, WHY IS HE IN YOUR BUSINESS MAYBE HE STILL LOVE YOU, GET HIM STRAIGHT WITH THAT BEFORE THE KIDS GET IN YOUR LIFE WITH THE NEW MAN. IF YOU LOVE HIM PAY THE EX NO MIND... JUST SAYING..GOOD LUCK...
    maureen555

Answer by maureen555 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010