At 11mths...

What should an infant be doing? Any milestones being reached? I hate feeling like my daughters behind but at the same time am not rushing her. She still eating baby food & does not feed herself is this concerning? Or the fact that she isnt really crawling or walking. She finds away to move a little but sitting. Many babies are doing soo much at her age. Im just wondering if im being too concerned. Thanks moms!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We were just introducing solid foods at that time. She seems to be within average range to me. Some babies skip crawling all together or crawl toward the later age of the average range.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter is 14 months and still refuses to use a spoon and fork. She does hand feed though and has for several months. My daughter was also walking at 10 1/2 months. She did go from creeping to crawling to standing to walking in about three weeks though. Some kids are late bloomers. I think you're worried when there is still plenty of time for your kid to do these things without raising concern. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Babies never need to eat baby food and should have been able to feed herself fork mashed food (with her hands, not a spoon) when she was around 6 mo. This is concerning. Try with banana and sweet potato and if she can't do it talk to the doctor about having her evaluated by a developmental doctor or occupational therapist.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't understand how it's concerning if we don't know if OP is talking about DD self-feeding with hands or feeding with a spoon or fork.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• She should be able to grab food and bring it to her mouth even if messily. Does she pick up small objects with a pincer grip? If you are spoon feeding her...what does she do if you put food on her tray and let her have at it?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The only thing that i would think twice about is her not feeding herself. Granted, we dont expect her to use any utensils, but if she cant feed herself a chunk of bread or cracker, etc i would be talking to my pedi. The not walking and crawling is perfectly fine. As long as she is sitting, rolling and attempting to move around which it sounds as if she is :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010