WHAT DOES A BABY KICK FEEL LIKE?

IM 20 WEEKS. I THINK I FEEL MY BABIES KICK BUT IM JUST NOT SURE. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESNT KNOW HOW THAT FEELS?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 2:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No - I was at my 21 week ultrasound when I found out that the funny stuff I felt were baby kicks. It is really hard to tell what a kick feels like, especially if it's your first baby. Wait until a moment when you feel completely relaxed, and rub, talk to, or even poke your belly. Generally, babies at 20 weeks respond to those kinds of things and they kick back! It's really neat. Once you figure out the feeling, it will be a wonderous moment for you. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nope, not the only one, I was there before. I didn't feel anything that actually felt like a baby kicking me until 22 weeks! My mom claimed that I feel "fluttering" but what I felt at 22 weeks was a definite kick. And that's the only thing I really trusted to be a baby kick.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 2:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• WELL IM HAVING TWINS THAT WHY I THOUGHT I WOULD FEEL THEM BY NOW!
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 2:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• To me it feels like gas (only not painful). But after you have your baby and you have gas, all you'll be able to compare it to is when the baby kicked =)
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• With my son I can only describe it as my stomach feeling like a washing machine, I'm convinced he just used to turn round and round all day. I didn't feel kicks with him until well over 20wks. With my curent pregnancy Ive felt like fluttering or bubbles moving from very early on and now at 21 wks feel some huge kicks, even see them moving my tummy sometimes. To me it just feels like a kick...something inside poking my tummy or pushing it.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 8:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010