Did you not bond with one of your children?

If you have two or more children is there a child you didn't bond with as much? Maybe you had a traumatic birth or you went through a trying time after the baby was born. Maybe they were a difficult baby. Obviously none of which is the child's fault. But do you have a child that you just don't feel a connection to? But you do love them of course. Or maybe you feel closer to one child than the others?

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 2:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• After I had my second daughter I'll be honest I didn't bond with her as much. I was very busy and worried about not letting my first feel left out that I didn't bond as much with my second daughter, We always made my oldest a priority especially because she was going through surgery also. We didn't take as many pictures of my youngest as much as my oldest. Now that my oldest is growing my youngest daughter gets all the hand me downs, so when we have to buy my oldest clothes I make it a point to buy my youngest atleast an outfit she'll like. We make sure we give her, her own spotlight. I do feel bad I didn't realize it till like a year later. Ever since I make sure my girls are both equal.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i myself just have one...but his father was always taking him places to give me a break from parenting...and he started favoring him over me and i felt like i wasn't a good mother...and then his dad was like you have to start doing things with him...and i did..and now i'm really jus getting to bond with him over the last year
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No I dont, I have 3 kids and for a time I thought that maybe we hadnt bonded but as he grew I realized i was very wrong. My oldest was a daddys boy he loved and still adores my husband and would go to him first. I thought we hadnt bonded and i had done something wrong but by the time he was 2 i became a SAHM and it all changed. I had just been working alot so he saw daddy more than me and so naturally daddy was his best friend.
    My second child was a traumatic birth and he refused to let anyone but me hold him. He screamed if my husband picked him up. that lasted until he was a year old then he was fine, but he is stilla mommas boy.
    My daughter honsetly doesnt care as long as we are paying attention to her, she loves everyone and has no favorite person.

I dont feel closer to anyone over the others, I do feel like i have different things in common with them and i relate differently to each one.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2010