How do I stop nocturnal bed wetting?

my son who turned twelve in July has still some occasional bed wetting. The doc says he has a small bladder, he's a heavy sleeper, and it can be heriditary, which in our case my husband and his Mom had it when they were kids till about begining teen years.

Momofcinco

Asked by Momofcinco at 10:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Kids' Health

• There really is no way to stop it. It is a health problem until the kids body begins to respond.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would talk with a urlogist. The do have treatments and techniques that could be helpful.
    rkms_mom

Answer by rkms_mom at 2:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Have you tried a bedwetting alarm? They can really help with kids who are heavy sleepers. I wet the bed until I was nearly 6. Then my parent broke down and bought an alarm. It worked in one night for me though I understand 2 weeks to a month is more normal. You can find them at most medical supply stores, www.onestepahead.com, bedwettingstore.com.

Good luck!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• check out this sight .    http://www.ask.com/web?q=nocturnal+bed+wetting%3F&search=&qsrc=0&o=8101&l=dir      dr becker on angel 2 pm he is so good and helped me I called there and got lost of help....    http://www.bioinnovations.net/home.asp  if you need to ask me about this I will try to help.....  week days only 1888.442.6161 they will talk to you and help you..... your friend yovonna  May JESUS help you find the right thing to do...    With God, Nothing is Impossible Art Print

yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 6:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2008