decorating rights

I have the hardest time getting my husband to hang pictures on the walls. make repairs inside our house. He hates bathroom rugs. scented hand soaps. It's been about 2-3 years now that i've been asking him to transfer video tapes to disk, etc,etc, etc. ANY ONE ELSE??????

ANGEL570

Asked by ANGEL570 at 3:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Do things yourself. I've been single over 20  years and just do everything myself or hire someone to do it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Mine allows me to do whatever I want with the home, and is glad to help, he says that i earn it because I control this domain!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• He must be my husband's lost "twin" because mine is the same way. Or, he does a half assed job, or says "I'll do it l;ater". LOL!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My husband knows better than that, but at the same time he does appreciate a well decorated house. If he ever acted like that he wouldn't be getting anything for dinner and would definitely be sleeping on the couch until it got done.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with Gailll, do it yourself.. there's no point in waiting for someone else to do something that you want. If my Dh isn't quick with what I've asked him to do.. I just do it for him... (except that stupid bathroom light bulb... i can't get the fixture off for anything.. and it's been out a month!)
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 4:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It is called the Male Defective Gene Disorder and show itself with certain traits, such as extreme procrastination! I've got the lazy butt who tells me he will do it and only get things half done and it stay that way for YEARS. Won't get professionals to do things and won't let me do things..... after 17 years, I don't ask him to do things anymore!

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I do what I want, and ask him with what I don't and /or can't do and he usually does it. He's very handly . My GR-kds call him MR. Fix-it.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I just do all of that myself. Sometimes, he helps. I do a better job than he would do anyway.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My husband can do everything. We have 30 plus rental houses. But he never does the things for me. He says he will, but doesn't. I find what works is:
    I start doing it myself and he will take over because he thinks he can do it better.
    I will hire someone to come and he will get busy before it is time so that I have to cancel.
    I will go out and buy expensive tools, etc. to do a job. He will take the tool back and do the job.
    It works.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010