iPhone Jailbroken

My friend said she "jailbroken" her iPhone, but doesn't that ruin the phone? What does "jailbroken" mean?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 3:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• It doesnt ruin it! you get to put a background on it and stupp. my itouch is jail broken. Now instead of it being a black backdrop its hello kitty. so cute.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 3:09 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Stuff**
    pinkebabii

• so.... if I jailbreak it... it wont ruin the phone or anything like that??? What are the "cons" for it?
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 3:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If it dies you have to re jail break it... so if your away from internet you can't use it even if its charged. and if you want to unjailbreak it, you have to delete everything. No it doesnt ruin the phone.
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 3:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My iPhone is jailbroken and yes it will void the warranty if something happens (my warranty exprired in April so who cares lol) but you can do all kinds of personalization and stuff on it. The first time I tried it was with my original iPhone like 2 years ago and a guy I worked with told me not to "brick" it meaning screw it up to where it would basically be a paper weight..but I didnt mess anything up, I just googled something like "step by step instructions on how to jailbreak iPhone 3g" and then you have to make sure you download the correct version...like if you have 4.0 on your phone then you'll download the jailbroken software for 4.0.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• just go to blackra1n.com with you iphone plugged in and click either windows or mac on the bottom. and "make it ra1n"
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 3:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• u have to be "an invited reader" to do that website pinke =(
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 3:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• no idea lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• all that was new to me lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2010