question about polycystic ovarian disease

does anyone here have polycystic ovarian disease?

and if you do, do you have any hints as how to make this easier to deal with!?

I have been in pain for two weeks and found out today that I have mass quatnities of cysts on both ovaries and have been having multiple cysts rupture at a time.... it is painful none the less I got an official diagnosis of polycystic ovarian disease today and they say all they can do is birth control and frankly I dont want to do that I have been trying to conceive for two freakin years now and I am not taking birth control lol so I just wondered if anyone new of any other way to help this without having to take pain meds all the darn time

jgwilliams

Asked by jgwilliams at 3:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do not know, however, you should be able to find something on it on the Susan G. Komen Foundation website or some other site by typing in the disease name. Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When I was first diagnosed that's what my Dr wanted to do too, but that was several years ago. A lot of us take Metformin and it can help. I like SoulCysters.com they have some good info and support forums.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• There is a PCOS group on here that has alot of useful information!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/70775
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010