Microsoft Office...

This may be a dumb question but all the computers I have ever had have had Office, Word and all that on them...well I bought a new Toshiba laptop bc I have to have it for school to write and print papers BUT when I open up Word it asks for the product key and then it tells me I can use it 25 more times without putting the product key in...so I assume after time #25 then Im screwed. I kind of assumed that Office came standard on all computers ? Am I a total retard for assuming this? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• ddy79-433jv-2rxgx-mqfqp-pfdh8 <- does that work?
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's not standard on all... I don't have it on mine either. But I use Wordpad and get by just fine.

Use Open Office. It's free and fully functional. It's often times used by former Microsoft Office users, without the additional 300.00 price tag.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Take your computer back!!! NEVER BUY TOSHIBA!!!! I an gaurentee it will soon over heat! they are poorly poorly made!
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 4:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• can**
    pinkebabii

• Yeah Ive already had to send my Toshiba in once...they said my harddrive was bad after having it 6 weeks. I was pretty mad. I was even madder when Best Buy tried to charge me $130 to set it back to factory settings and then I was like umm you mean where you press "0" when the computers starting up? Then they said if that didnt fix my problem I could pay another $70 to have them run a diagnosis on it...umm yeah I called Toshiba and they sent me a box and I didnt pay jack. I just wasnt sure about my Microsofy Office bc all my old coputers came with it :( Guess I'll have to use my husbands slow, ghetto, 448mb of ram laptop when I have to type or do something lol Or I may try that Open Office.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• OMG I LOVE YOU! lol
    Yes that did work! Thank you VERY much!
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2010