36 weeks pregnant

I'm 36 weeks pregnant with my last baby, I decided and signed over the rights to get my tubes tied after I give birth. Maybe it's because I'll never be pregnant again but I'm already sad over it and really gonna miss being pregnant. I'm scheduled to have a c-section on sept 8th and can chose not to do the tubal but I can't keep having kids because I like being pregnant its just not responsible. I'm just really sad and think that I might regret it. I want to have a daughter next but then what if I have another boy....I have 2 boys and 2 girls currently pregnant with a boy, I don't know what to do. Should I still go ahead with the procedure or wait until I am positive I don't want anymore?! oh btw this baby was failed BC.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I personally think that five kids is more then enough. I'm only going to have two and then I'm having a tubal. I can't answer your question for you though. You really need to ask yourself if you want to have more kids. You're right, enjoying being pregnant is no reason to have a million.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 4:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• why don't you just have your husband get a vasectomy. it's much less risky and he can get it reversed if you really decide you want more....you can get your tubes untied as well but it's more risky than getting a vasectomy reversed
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• well I have 3 living children one of my twin boys passed away. but I still claim him cause he's still my baby but yeah 4 living kids will be enough, I'm thinking that after I have the baby and see how hard it is to have 4 I'll be over it and by then would not want anymore but would have missed the chance of a tubal. I just don't want to regret it. I'm almost 25 and ready to start my career. I did it backwards family first career second but now its time to get that going, I think I feel like this because I'll never again be pregnant and I didn't quite enjoy this pregnancy. I was upset about the failed bc and got pregnant a few months after my son passed away I was just not ready to deal with it, I kept it from everyone till I was like 6 months pregnant and was pretty upset when I found out I was having a boy and not a girl. I guess I'll just wait to become a grandma in 30 years and spoil and enjoy those babies.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 4:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm doing it backwards too. Way to go for you having four! I was scared that I wouldn't be able to get my career on track if I have that many. I only have one now, but I plan to go to med school... so four is too many for me :P I'm 22 right now and I'll be getting mine tied around the time I hit 24. I have sisters that I'm sure will be having babies though :)
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 4:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If your not sure, do not do it. And a vasectomy cant ALWAYS be reversed, its a case by case situation.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2010