Post Surgery, Extremely dry/chaffed skin in female parts adult content

I recently got out of surgery. As soon as I got home I could feel how dry my skin was down there. Is it normal to have extremely dry skin? Its from the clitoris, to my butt crack and everything between. Its so dry my bottom started bleeding from wiping.
TMI but, I grabbed a mirror and looked- I have small cuts on my butt crack and my labia. The hood (skin above the clitoris) actually tore when I wiped.. Does surgery make your skin dry? Idk what to do.. I cant even wipe when I pee

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

• use a squirt bottle to rinse with instead of wiping. i get one for my homebirths.
    try using olive oil on the skin to soften it...i don't know what kind of surgery you had or where you had it, but you may want to consult with your dr. on the olive oil. i think it would be a lot better than any moisturizer with chemicals in it though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It could be a reaction to some cleaning or disinfecting solution they used in the hospital. Call your Drs. immediately. They can probably give you something to help.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2010