I am tired all the time. I would like to try one of the energy drinks. Any suggestions? I do not like super sweet drinks.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 4:31 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy; be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses a day.

A magnesium deficiency is incredibly common, and can not only make you feel tired, but can trigger anxiety attacks and migraines, and intensify symptoms of ADD/ADHD. I take a calcium/magnesiumVitamin D (cal/mag/D) daily, to boost my energy, bones and immune system.

You may want to examine your diet. Meat, dairy, alcohol, simple grains (like white rice and pastas), and processed sugars (the white stuff, too, not just high fructose corn syrup) are all energy sappers. Build your meals around vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits

Answer by rkoloms at 11:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• exercise, it will boost your energy level.. or take brisk walks. plus it will help you lose weight or tone.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My husband loves 5 Hour Energy. GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/ this is a great company, they deal with all kinds of different teas. i love this company! i'm givingthe web site so you can check them out. but they do all kinds of health teas.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I like 5-hour energy, they aren't sweet, and the bottles are small. They really work, I use them before shows and they help!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I use to be tired alot too - A friend asked me to take a vitamin challenge - she asked me to try these vitamins for 60 days - if I didn't notice a difference in my energy level and overall wellness - I could get my money back - no questions asked. I did do it - and I was amazed at the results -I really noticed a difference(within the first week) in my energy level and how great I felt - I even put my husband and teen daughter on the challenge too - my husband no longer needed his mid-morning coke to get thru the morning and my daughter was pissed because she started waking up at 7 and couldn't go back to sleep:) - too much energy - kinda remarkable for a teen. Anyways - before you start trying different protein drinks - I would like to challenge you to the same challenge that my friend made to me. Look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010