How to prevent boils...

ok, I get these horrible boils on my bikini line. They usually are toward the front, but right now I have one right where my leg meets my girly parts. (sorry.... but that's where it is). I also get them on my butt, toward the top. They seem to happen around my period, and I got them a lot when I was preggo, which makes me mean they are related to surges in hormones. I've tried several home remedies to draw them out, but if anyone has any more, I'd be glad to try them. They are extremely painful!! Does anyone know of any ways to prevent them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Health

• I used to get them all the times. I hated them, First I got them in my armpit and later in my bikini line. Doctors thought it was linked to waxing but it doesn't make sense because I am still waxing the armpits and never got them again. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had one in each side of my bikini line, for the entire length of my pregnancy, and they disappeared when my period returned (my daughter was 8 months old). They were very painful. At times it was impossible to walk , sit etc. When they were particularly irritated I used to use warm compress with mallow (or malva). Luckily, after I got my period, they disappeared and never got one, not even when I was pregnant the second time. I also thing they are linked to hormones but I never got any doctors to tell me how to prevent them. I hope you'll get rid of them soon. GL.
    d08

Answer by d08 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It could be a sebaceous cyst, which is a very common result of in growm hairs and areas that sweat. Some doctore will take them out if they are a big discomfort, but usually a warm compress will make them go down. They aren't harmful, but maybe you shold have your doctor look, just to be sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008